New World Order (conspiracy)
The term New World Order refers to an alleged worldwide conspiracy that a powerful and secretive group (The Patriots, Free-Masons, Stone-Cutters etc) has created a secret plan to eventually
rule the world via a unitary (as opposed to federal) world government. The belief may stem — at least partly — from the phrase New World Order, which has been used
in politics (George H.W. Bush, Sep. 11, 1991) for much of the twentieth century. See New World Order (political).
Conspiracy theorists allege that the most powerful figures of the conspiracy are the owners of the world's largest
banks, partnered with others who are among the world's wealthiest people. Beneath this level are supposed to be the people
in the highest levels of various governments, military and intelligence bureaus, and the major media.
There are a number of different ideologies related to this belief:
- Some groups have religious motives, based in the belief that the agents of Satan are involved.
- Other groups do not have a religious motive or perspective on the matter, and view the concept of "serving Satan"
metaphorically. Some of these secular theorists call themselves the illuminus. They operate outside of social, legal and political restraint, gathering information and evidence on world events
that are considered to be instigated by another group of illuminated individuals called the Illuminati. While the Illuminati supposedly work behind the scenes to create conditions favorable to a New World Order, the
illuminus gather evidence and take direct action, influencing groups to prevent the New World Order from attaining a foothold.
These illuminati believe that totalitarian society has already arrived in a subtle form.
- The understanding of some believers is that the New World Order will be created by a military coup, using UN and American troops, against all the nations of the world to bring about a singular world government. There was a
belief among some believers in this thesis that this process would begin in 2000, set in motion by the predicted Y2K computer crisis causing widespread social disorder.
- Another, linked, mind-set was that the United States was itself to be taken over, by troops nominally loyal to the United Nations but in fact controlled by a trans-national group (sometimes referred to as Faction One). Evidence of this was claimed in the form of secret internment camps in remote parts of the country, to which the
population would be taken for processing before being released as "work-units"; the dispersal of chemicals into the atmosphere
via aircraft ("Chemtrail"); and semi-famous CIA mind control experiments performed under the code name MK-ULTRA.
Connections between theory and nationalism
Although there are a multitude of theories which in some way believe that there is a plan to create a one world
government, many if not the majority believe that this is being done against the self interest of the particular nation they
happen to live in, leading many sociologists to draw a connection between these theories and a more general impetus to nationalism or isolationism. For example, prior to the rise of Neoconservativism in the United States, many conservative or republican party oriented talk show hosts such as Rush Limbaugh would criticize different politicians for internationalists positions that they felt were not in the best interest
of the United States. Different commentators at different times would allege unethical or conspiracy like conduct on the part
of their opponents in support of this. This would often approach new world order like conspiracy theories. In other words,
most theories do not surmise that the persons country of origin is working for world control, but rather others, perhaps within
positions of power in that country, are working to control that country and all countries.
The ability of world leaders throughout history to successfully manipulate their people into wars is often cited
as evidence that such a take-over would be possible. Such manipulations include:
- The Nazis are believed to have burned the Reichstag building and to have used the Communists for scapegoats, thus nearly eliminating
support for the Communist party in Germany and leading to Nazi domination of the legislature.
- It is also believed that the United States knew of the attacks on Pearl Harbor before their occurrence (Pearl Harbor advance-knowledge debate). It is believed the United States used the attacks as a "legitimate" reason for entering World War II.
- Operation Northwoods, a proposed series of false flag operations to be used as a pretext for an invasion of Cuba, which was rejected by President Kennedy shortly before
- The Gulf of Tonkin incident, which declassified documents indicate was a fraud that led President Johnson to escalate U.S. hostilities in Vietnam
- The creation of the country of Israel in a area historically controlled by Arabs. With United States support,
Israel controls the area of Jerusalem, which is the center of a supposed total world government because it is the center of
the Jewish religion.
- The South American dictators in the 60s and 70s, with military control with direct influence of Unites States.
Lyndon Johnson´s archives, published years later, proved that there was a Brother Sam Operation to support a Brazilian miltary operation called "Popeye Operation". The military coup in Brazil, like in all other
South American countries was controlled and organized by the United States.
- The Iraqi invasion by the United States: Under Bush´s debateable (and diluted) arguments, the United States will
take control of Iraqi oil reserves. The goal of the NWO is the total control of oil production, though the U.S. is still buying
it's oil at or near $60USD, and hasn't taken one barrel from existing Iraqi oil supplies.
Other perspectives on this matter relate to globalization and various intellectual movements evolved from Marxist "internationalist" ideology, such as Social Democracy and Socialism, aiming to homogenize cultures and values by political normalization, as pointed out in the European Union's gradual "communitarian construction" scheme of a common economic and legal framework for all countries. Some political
groups, such as the Club of Rome and the Socialist International (to which the French, British and German parliamentary left-wing parties belong), openly advocate these goals.
Predicted socio-political changes
Some predictions made by users of this term of events that will occur under the NWO include:
- The abolition of private property rights and gun ownership
- world-wide equalization under UN control
- all national and local elections controlled by the UN
- the US constitution replaced by the UN charter
- only approved religions will be allowed to exist – as parts of the One World Religion, or alternatively mandatory secularism with all religions made illegal
- interdiction of politically incorrect opinions by UN laws and charters, such as statements deemed discriminatory, critical of minorities, anti-feminist,
anti-homosexual or illiberal
- home schooling will be illegal and there will be a UN-approved curriculum (Something perceived to be happening in the United Kingdom during the later 1990s, which has possibly prompted a rise in religious schooling among Muslims and others who believe themselves in a religious minority)
- even more radical perspectives fear military bases will be turned into concentration camps to confine those who
defy the NWO, as prisoners of opinion.
- Loss of the Freedom of speech.
- Important American documents such as the Constitution being rewritten along pro-UN lines.
Although the UN is often used as a central figure in these actions, sometimes extra-terrestrials (typically the "Greys"), the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg Group, the Illuminati, and similar bodies are included in the conspiracy. The NWO conspiracy is often attacked by being framed as being
primarily generated by political conservatives, Christians, and other right wing types who fear the loss of their ideological freedom and favorite policies. However, similar conspiracy theories
about a sinister elite secretly planning for a new global order are not uncommon on the political left, either. However, most of those that believe the NWO conspiracy also believe that the left-wing/right-wing paradigm
is a creation of an NWO-controlled media as a subversion.
A revival of interest
"Having read at least fifty books on the Illuminati, I am convinced that it exists and can be blamed for many of man's inhumane actions against his fellow man during
the past two hundred years.""
Dr. Tim LaHaye co-Author of best selling book "Left Behind"
Claims about NWO implementations
A number of people have claimed to have seen, in recent developments within the "United Kingdom", a test-run for
the NWO as the "Kingdom" is being made to divest itself of overseas links, as part of "decolonialisation", and through Faction
One influences in the United States of America and the European Union, to redraft its laws on NWO principles, whilst its armed
forces are simultaneously both run down, and diverted to operations in the international field, possibly as a test case for
the World Army.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.